Wickson’s Most Popular Books of 2022
Updated: Dec 19, 2022
The end of yet another year is quickly approaching and everyone from search engines and social media platforms to food and travel networks are compiling and revealing their top lists of 2022.
“Wordle” was the top trending search on Google in 2022, as guessing five-letter words became a daily ritual for many; Tripadvisor’s Most Popular World Destination for 2022 was Dubai, United Arab Emirates; the Goodreads most popular book published in 2022 was Colleen Hoover’s Reminders of Him; and The Candy House by Jennifer Egan and Stay True: A Memoir by Hua Hsu were among the top titles appearing on the New York Times 10 Best Books of 2022 List.
Here at the Wickson District Library I was eager to compile a set of our own lists that reflected the books patrons were most drawn to in 2022. While some of these titles, like Maid and Wish You Were Here, appear on various predominant Top 10 lists of 2022, other titles, especially those from the nonfiction genre, might surprise you. Nonetheless, here are the lists of the top 10 most popular/circulating books in both fiction and nonfiction at the Frankenmuth Library in 2022.
Top 10 Most Popular Books in Fiction
1. Dockporter: A Mackinac Island Novel by Dave McVeigh and Jim Bolone
2. The Maid: A Novel by Nita Prose
3. The Match by Harlan Coben
4. Shadows Reel by C. J. Box
5. Steal (Instinct #3) by James Patterson and James Roughan
6. The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom
7. Run Rose Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson
8. Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult
9. The Homewreckers: A Novel by Mary Kay Andrews
10. A Family Affair by Robyn Carr
Top 10 Most Popular Books in Nonfiction
1. The Last Slave Ship: The True Story of How Clotilda Was Found, Her Descendants, and an Extraordinary Reckoning by Ben Raines
2. Fodor's Best Road Trips in the USA: 50 Epic Trips Across All 50 States by Fodor’s Travel Guides
3. Easy German Cookbook: 80 Classic Recipes Made Simple by Karen Lodder
4. Beyond Biden: Rebuilding the America We Love by Newt Gingrich
5. Back to the Prairie: A Home Remade, A Life Rediscovered by Melissa Gilbert
6. Beautiful Boards: 50 Amazing Snack Boards for Any Occasion by Maegan Brown
7. Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
8. Eight Days in May: The Final Collapse of the Third Reich by Volker Ullrich
9. I'll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw at the Trump White House by Stephanie Grisham
10. Up North in Michigan: A Portrait of Place in Four Seasons by Jerry Dennis
There you have it, folks—Wickson’s most popular titles of 2022. I was surprised by the number of mystery thrillers that our patrons enjoyed, and also by the diversity of nonfiction favorites.
My reading list continues to grow as I scour the internet for countless end-of-the-year book lists and add the titles I have not yet read to my ever-expanding queue. What about you? Have you read any of the most popular titles at our library? What books will you be adding to your reading list as 2022 comes to a close?